Bowtie Pasta with Canadian Bacon
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 8 oz Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2" (1.5cm) cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Brown onion in olive oil until light brown.
- Add garlic and canadian bacon and sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine and cook, partially covered for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Season sauce generously with freshly ground pepper and pour over spaghetti.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.