Blueberry Maple Breakfast Bake
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) egg challah or other white bread
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1- 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the bread in 1-inch cubes (makes about 10 cups). Cut cream cheese in small cubes (makes about 1 cup). Grease 9-x-9-2-inch baking dish. Place half of the bread cubes in the dish. Scatter cream cheese cubes and 1 cup of blueberries over the bread. Top with remaining bread cubes and blueberries. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter. Carefully pour over bread mixture. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour, covering with aluminum foil if edges brown too much.
- To serve, cut in squares. Accompany with additional maple syrup, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.