Black Bean and Chicken Salad
- 3 1/3 cups black beans, canned, rinsed and drained (two 15-ounce cans)
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Dressing:1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (or fresh chopped parsley)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Prepare dressing: In a jar or small bowl, combine lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, chicken, celery, red pepper, and onion. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss well. Salad should marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Toss salad before serving and place on a bed of lettuce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.