- 6 English muffins (12 oz.)
- 6 slices Canadian-style bacon, chopped (4 oz.)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- fresh lemon slices (garnish)
- chives, chopped (garnish)
- Split muffins; cut into 1-inch pieces. Place 1/2 of the pieces in single layer in greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the bacon. Repeat layers with remaining muffin pieces and bacon.
- Beat eggs, milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice and lemon peel in large bowl until blended. Slowly pour over layers in baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove strata from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake in center of 350°F oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.