Beefy Mexican Lasagna
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin (95% lean)
- 9 corn tortillas
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Crunchy Tortilla Strips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in 1 can enchilada sauce, black beans, corn and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 11-3/4 x 7-1/2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 3 tortillas in dish, cutting 1 as needed to cover bottom. Spread 1/4 cup remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; cover with 1/3 beef mixture, then 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers twice, omitting final cheese layer. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in 350°F oven 30 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tortilla strips, if desired, tomato and cilantro.
Cook's RecipeTip Tip: Lasagna may be made up to 24 hours ahead through Step 2; refrigerate, covered. Increase baking time from 30 to 45 minutes.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.