Beef Steaks with Tangy Corn Relish
- Beef:4 boneless beef chuck top blade steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Corn Relish:1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) corn, undrained
- 1 Tbs distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Relish:Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in corn, vinegar and ground red pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove.
- Beef:Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Remove; season with garlic salt.
- To Serve:Return corn relish to skillet. Add green onions; heat through. Serve with steaks.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.