Beef Steak & Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 lb boneless beef top loin or tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3/4 cup prepared Italian dressing
- Roasted Vegetables:16 small mushrooms
- 1 large red, yellow or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, sliced (1-inch)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (1-inch)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15 x 10-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place vegetables in pan; spray generously with cooking spray. Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook top loin steaks 12 to 15 minutes (tenderloin steaks 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks; season with salt. Arrange beef and vegetables on greens. Serve with dressing.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.