Beef & Vegetable Skillet
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice, prepared without butter or salt
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4 inch strips. Toss with sesame oil and garlic.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time); stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, add bell pepper, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and water; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add spinach and green onions; cook until spinach is just wilted. Stir in ketchup, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and beef; heat through. Serve over rice.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.