Barbecue Pulled Lamb Shank on Crusty Rolls
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 lamb foreshanks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 yellow onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 6 crusty rolls
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Pat shanks dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Brown shanks on all sides.
- Place in a roasting pan. Add onion, chicken broth, and oregano. Roast at 375ºF for 2 hours, turning shanks every 30 minutes.
- When meat is done, remove from broth and cool. Strain broth, reserving onions. Reserve 1/4 cup of broth. Refrigerate or freeze remaining broth for use in soups or stews.
- Remove meat from bones; shred meat removing fat. In pan, combine pulled lamb, barbecue sauce, and 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup reserved broth if needed. Heat, stirring to combine sauce and lamb.
- Split rolls and spoon on meat.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.