Bangkok Rice and Shrimp Salad
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs chopped basil, plus additional basil leaves for garnish
- 3 cups cooked jasmine or medium grain rice
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Whisk milk, vinegar and oil together in a small bowl. Add salt and basil; set aside. Stir rice, shrimp and coconut milk mixture in medium bowl until blended. Spoon into serving bowl; sprinkle with peanuts and basil to garnish.
Ingredient Tip: If available, use peppery Thai basil in this salad.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.