Balsamic-Honey Glazed Lamb Chops
- 8 American Lamb chops (shoulder or rib)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 small apples, figs or pears
- Brush lamb chops with oil and sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt. Cook in large skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Heat vinegar and honey in another large skillet. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Core and cut apples or pears into 10 slices. If figs are used, cut them in half. Add fruit to bubbling mixture, turning to coat. Cook until the fruit is glazed and just tender.
- Place browned lamb chops into the bubbling mixture. Turn the chops every minute to glaze with sauce. Cook to desired degree of doneness. Serve with glazed fruit and a drizzle of sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.