Baked Oriental Fillet Packets
- 2 flounder, tilapia or sole fillets, about 1/4 pound each
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oil
- 10 oz package Japanese or Oriental-style frozen vegetables, thawed, or 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Hot rice for serving (optional)
- Chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Pat fish dry, season with pepper and place in a baking dish. Heat oil in a medium skillet or wok until hot. Add vegetables and stir-fry over high heat until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Combine soy sauce and cornstarch; add and stir-fry about one minute longer. Spoon vegetable mixture over center third of the fish; fold over ends of fish to enclose vegetables. Cover with foil. Bake at 350°F about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Transfer fish onto warm plates, sprinkle with chives if desired, and serve with rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.