Baked Mushroom Parmesan
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce, divided
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to broil, with top rack about 4" from broiler. Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Place mushrooms, gill side down, in a 9 inch baking dish. Broil for 4 minutes, remove and turn gill side up, broil 4 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from baking dish, drain excess liquid. Reduce oven to 400° F.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of baking dish, then place mushrooms, gill side up. Sprinkle with basil, red pepper flakes and the remainder of the pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan; bake 5-10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown. Remove and serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.