Baked Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 3 oz oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (about 20 tomatoes), coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs rinsed and drained capers
- 1 Tbs dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 5 to 6 ounces
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, capers, and marjoram. Add the vinegar and water and stir to mix.
- Lay the chicken on a work surface, cover with plastic wrap, and pound gently with a meat mallet or the flat side of a small, heavy frying pan until about inch thick and even. Put the chicken in a shallow baking pan sprayed with cooking spray that is large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over and around the chicken. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F.
- Serve the chicken with the sun-dried tomatoes and capers spooned over it.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.