Baja Salmon with Mushrooms
- 1 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 6 oz white button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 packet dry citrus marinade
- 1/4 cup frozen white sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced, run under cold water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 Tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 salmon filets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of dry citrus marinade mix to the mushrooms and continue cooking another 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the cooked mushrooms and toss to combine. In same sauté pan, add remaining teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Sprinkle the top of each salmon filet with 1 teaspoon dry citrus marinade mix. Add salmon, seasoned side down, to hot pan and sear 1 minute. Flip over and add water to the pan. Cover and cook another 2 minutes, or until done to taste preferences. Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Place a spoonful of the mushroom salsa on each serving plate, top with a salmon filet. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.