Asparagus Soup with Fried Egg Baguette
- 2-1/2 cups ready-to-serve reduced fat chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz Neufchâtel cheese OR cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices French bread, toasted (1/2-inch thick)
- 6 fried eggs
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering. Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil and cook until asparagus is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into 6 small bowls. Top with toast and fried egg. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.