Asian Chicken Kabobs
- Marinade1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 4 tsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- Kabobs1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
- 8 cherry tomatoes, washed
- 8 medium mushrooms, washed
- 8 8-inch wooden skewers
- Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish and mix well. Place wooden skewers in water to soak 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1" x 1" pieces and set aside. Cut chicken into 1-ounce cubes.
- Alternately skewer vegetables and chicken, placing two pieces of each vegetable and 2 cubes of chicken on each skewer.
- Place kabobs in marinade, turning to coat evenly. Marinate covered for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Transfer kabobs to grill or broiler and discard marinade. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Nutrition Note: A serving is two Kabobs.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.