- 2 pork tenderloins, 1 pound each
- 1/4 cup apple juice, or vermouth
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 425° F. Using a sharp knife, form a "pocket" in each tenderloin by cutting a lengthwise slit down center of each almost to, but not through, bottom of each tenderloin. Place tenderloins in shallow roasting pan. In small bowl stir together apple juice, applesauce, peanuts, fennel, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pocket in each tenderloin. Secure stuffed pockets with toothpicks. Roast for 20 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F and let stand 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with roasted Brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, and crusty French rolls.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.