PCC Farmland Trust
PCC Farmland Trust was founded in 1999 by PCC Natural Markets as a separate, nonprofit organization. The Farmland Trust is the only 501 (c)(3) land trust in the United States dedicated exclusively to organic farmland preservation.
To date, the Trust has preserved 1049 acres of organic farmland. The majority of our funds come from individuals—like you.
PCC Natural Markets is a strong advocate of PCC Farmland Trust, providing support through a variety of in-store promotions, vendor contributions, and cash donations. While some products from Trust-protected farms are sold at PCC stores, each farm’s relationship with PCC is an independent business decision made between PCC and growers.
Working to keep farms in the hands of farmers
In Washington State, we lose farmland at a rate of 23,000 acres each year—about the size of Lake Washington. PCC Farmland Trust is leading a call to action and increasing awareness about why it’s so urgent that we save what’s left of one of our most valuable natural resources: farmland.
To learn more about all of the farms that we’ve helped to preserve, please visit our farms page.
Ways to support the Farmland Trust at PCC
- Look for shelf tags in all PCC stores identifying merchants who are Farmland Trust contributors. Their generous support helps ensure a brighter future for organic agriculture.
- Powers Winery has blended two exclusive wines, a lively Cabernet and a stylish Chardonnay, to benefit PCC Farmland Trust. Two dollars from each bottle purchased is donated to the Farmland Trust.
- A partnership with organic pioneer Theo Chocolate has produced the PCC Farmland Trust Organic Fair Trade Cherry & Chili Dark Chocolate Bar. Fifty cents from the sale of each bar purchased at PCC will be donated to the Trust.
- When you purchase PCC Farmland Trust 100% organic cotton totes, PCC Deli vegetable platters, or Chinook Books at PCC Natural Markets, a portion of the proceeds from the sale benefits the Trust.
- Every time you reuse a shopping bag, coffee bag or egg carton, a 5-cent refund is donated automatically to PCC Farmland Trust and the PCC Food Bank Program.
How you can help
To learn more about how you can help save local organic farmland forever, including volunteer opportunities, visit pccfarmlandtrust.org.