Awards & recognition
We're a great place to shop
- 2013 Washington Wine Awards Retail Group of the Year
- 2013, 2014 Rainier Valley Post Reader’s Choice, Best Grocery Store
- 2013 Seattle Magazine Reader’s Choice, Best Grocery Store
- 2013-2011 & 2007-2005, ParentMap Reader’s Choice/Golden Teddy award winner
- 2012 Seattle Magazine Top 10 Food Establishment
- 2007, 2002, 1991 Seattle Weekly, Reader’s Choice Best Independent Grocery Store
- 2006 Seattle Magazine, Kid Picks wins “Best Way to Get Your Kids to Eat Fruit”
- 2005 Outstanding Retailer of the Year, National Association for the Specialty Food Trade
- 2005 Socially Responsible Retailer Award, National Nutritional Foods Association
We're a great place to work
- 2011 Seattle Parks & Recreation Denny Award for Volunteer Service
- 2010 LifeSPAN “Good Life” Award
- 2008 King County Employer of the Year, King County Board for Developmental Disabilities
- 2007 Outstanding Employer, Northwest Center
- 1998 Employer of the Year, The Arc of King County
- 2014 Seattle Business Silver Community Impact Award, Midsize Companies
- 2014 Certificate of Appreciation from the EPA for food waste prevention
- 2013 Food Marketing Institute’s grant and award for Food Insecurity program
- 2012 Daniel Roscoe Corporate Award for Community Service
- 2011 Seattle Business, the only grocery store among Washington State’s 50 most sustainably operated organizations
- 2009 Seattle Business, Green Washington Award
- 2009 IACP Award of Excellence for Avocational Cooking Schools
- 2009 Redmond Reporter, Reader’s Choice Best Green Business
- 2004 Seattle Weekly, Editor’s Choice, Best Grocery Store Green Makeover
- 2003 City of Kirkland Recycler of the Year
- 1995 U.S. Mayors’ End Hunger Award
- Honor Roll, King County Solid Waste Workplace Recycling; we’ve qualified every year since 2006 and have been recognized by the county for waste reduction and recycling since 1989
Did you know?
- PCC has more than 52,000 members and is directed by a nine person board of trustees.
- PCC started as a small food-buying club of 15 families in 1953.
- PCC is the largest consumer-owned natural food retail co-operative in the United States.